Casualty and Liability Insurance
Related: General Insurance
Protects the insured against legal liability for property damage or bodily injury arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of the premises and all the operations that are necessary or incidental to the business (premises operations). The coverage may be extended to include: elevators/escalators lliability, independent contractors, product liability, employer's liability, automobile liability, and food and drinks liability.
Options to include in the package are the following:
- Elevators/Escalators Liability
Answers for the legal liability of the assured for the ownership, maintenance, or use of any elevator/escalator.
- Independent Contractors
Answers for legal liability due to operations performed for the insured by independent contractors.
- Product Liability
protects the insured for legal liabilities that may occur for products manufactured, sold, or distributed that cause bodily injury or damage to their customers.
- Employer’s Liability Insurance
Protects the insured from legal liability to pay damages because of bodily injury by accident or disease, including the death of an employee of the insured arising out of and in the course of employment.
- Automobile Liability Insurance
Protects the insured from legal liability to pay damages because of bodily injury or property damage to third parties caused by an occurrence and arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use-including loading and unloading of any automobile.
- Food and Drinks Liability
Pays for the insured’s legal liability for bodily injury or illness directly caused y food poisoning or the presence of deleterious matters in such food or drinks.
What are the information/documents needed for Casualty & Liability Insurance?
- Assured’s Name
- Location of property
- Territorial/Geographic limits
- Nature of Business
- Type of cover to be applied:
- Crime Insurance
- Property floater
- Sum insured/limit of liability
- Floor area occupied
- List/description of property insured (for floater)
- Security system/manner of conveyance (for money insurance and floater)
- List of regular employees/position (for fidelity guarantee)
- Loss history
- Broker of Record (BOR) – form will be provided by Trinity